This position is for the Woodstock Export Facility. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter.
Soybean Processing Team Member
Sevita International, a company dedicated to supplying the global growing demand for high quality, food grade soybean product, is hiring a SOYBEAN PROCESSING TEAM MEMBER for the Woodstock Export Facility.
- Monitor all plant production and processing equipment.
- Ensure the correct product has been processed and is ready to be packaged/loaded as scheduled.
- Adhere to the planned loading schedule.
- Set up the cleaning equipment to properly clean product to Sevita’s quality specifications
- Ensure product integrity and segregation between different varieties is maintained.
- Perform plant cleanouts, verify the state of cleanliness, and record all cleanout activities.
- Shunt containers around the yard and in/out of the dock as required.
- Load containers with bags, totes and/or bulk as per the loading schedule.
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Motivate and effectively communicate with other shift workers to keep productivity up.
- Encourage teamwork and lead by example.
- Adapt quickly to last minute changes to the loading schedule
- Follow standard operating procedures and customer-specific requirements.
- Ensure all finished product is properly sampled to obtain a representative sample.
- Accurately record processing and packaging details.
- Competently use the computer software program that runs the processing plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with seed cleaning machinery and grain handling.
- Experience with basic machinery repairs and use of hand tools.
- Has experience reading and following standard operating procedures and completing paperwork.
- Experience with HACCP, and quality management systems
- Is a team leader and able to provide direction/guidance and support to other employees.
- Is mechanically inclined and process oriented.
- Good people skills and ability to motivate people
- Good problem-solving ability
- Friendly, has common sense and a good sense of humour
- Experience working with computers.
- Is ambitious, willing to learn new things, and enjoys hands-on work.
- Has good organization and time management skills.
- Must work well with others, be friendly, and have a positive attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and experience driving large equipment (shunt truck/tractors/forklift).
- Is physically able to lift and move 30 kg bags on a regular basis.
Additional Desired Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience working in a grain elevator is an asset.
- Experience working in seed and/or bean processing facility is an asset.
Ag experience or background is an asset.
- Experience with equipment maintenance is an asset.
- Truck operating experience is an asset
- An AZ driver’s license is an asset
Sevita offers a competitive wage based on experience.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 519-537-5169
Sevita International offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.