Finance Manager, Controller Sevita International - Inkerman or Woodstock, Ontario. We are creating a new position to fill a critical role as a senior financial staff member with responsibilities that will expand as their experience, understanding and influence within the business expands over time.
Finance Manager, Controller
Finance Accounting Sn. Management Requirement
Manager, Financial Analysis, Controller in Inkerman or Woodstock Ontario.
We are creating a new position to fill a critical role as a senior financial staff member with responsibilities that will expand as their experience, understanding and influence within the business expands over time. The selection of this individual will be to initially fill a key role that currently does not exist, but is strategically critical as we build our long-term capabilities for the future.
We are looking for an experienced financial accountant or controller to undertake assigned aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Other finance and accounting responsibilities will also include financial risk management and duties as assigned by the CFO. This role will report directly to the CFO and work closely with other members of the company’s Leadership Team.
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal policies, procedures, and controls to protect assets
- Manage, assist and oversee accounting team in A/R, A/P and G/L transactions.
- Monitor perpetual inventory accounts for accuracy and reasonability.
- Support CFO and the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Assist and support with timely preparation and publishing monthly, quarterly reports and annual reports, as well as internal management reports designed to make timely decisions
- Preparation of regulatory reporting and bank reporting requirements.
- Manage and comply with provincial/ federal government reporting requirements/ tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional finance and accounting duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the CFO
- Proven working experience as a finance and accounting professional
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business
- CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the quarterly/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Some working knowledge or experience in the agricultural, grain or supply managed sectors will be a benefit
A deep desire to join a growing organization that is driving for continuous improvement towards a market leadership position in the agricultural sector.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to EvaR@sevita.com